Sunday, September 21, 2008
Choco Rock`n Cake
The main ingredient of a faboulous decadent, even cute chocolate cake is LOVE. And this one is filled with lovely dedication to an old, dear and special friend, in his 35th birthday, he is a fool for music and I am a fool for my friends...
• 2 cups sugar
• 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup dark Cocoa powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two same size ( or just one but big one, round baking pans.
2. Stir together dry ingredients, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add moist ingredients, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for a while in cookie racsk or wire racks. Cool completely, before unmolding or removing pans, frost with chocolate frosting.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup dark Cocoa powder
500 grs( one pound) powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk, (might need to use a bit more)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 ½ cups frosting.